[modeleng] Astounded . . . once again!

  • From: Harry Wade <hww@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 10:07:50 -0500

    I have a copy of D.L. Ashton's "Stephenson's Valve Gear" (24pp) and I'm
now in need of his booklet (w/emphasis on LET) on the Walschaerts gear
(16pp).  I find that the two booklets have now been combined into one
publication and now sells for 15UKP.  That's $30+/USD, once post is added,
and is quite a lot for a booklet of no more than 40 pages and to add insult
to injury the only U.S. stockist I could find (Powell's) wants $44!.
Insanity.  (I know, I know, the man must earn his daily pudding.)

Regards,
Harry