[modeleng] Re: Alternatives for sleepers Jarrah

  • From: "JESSE LIVINGSTON" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 10:46:59 -0600

Alan,  It is a bad day when one does not learn something new.  Might as well
kick the bucket if you gonna be like that saw filer I told some of the
blokes about a while back about.  You know Al, the one who said he had been
filing band saws for 40 years and NO one could tell him ANYTHING about
sawfiling that he didn't already know.  Sad state to be in as I see it.  May
I never live so long as to get that sort of attitude!!

Al, as to the dust from fibreboard etc, it may have something to do with the
glues that are used to hold it together.  I have borderline empsyema from
those years of welding, brazing and breathing sawdust at the mill.  I have
brazed large objects until my chest hurt when I took a deep breath and that
couldn't have been good.

Jesse