[modeleng] Re: ALERT!! IMPORTANT!! and PS about Model Engineer

  • From: "kenny.macdougall" <kenny.macdougall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 08:44:30 +0100

Hi i think i posted this before not sure

OK, I might be paranoid, but that doesn't mean they aren't out to get
me.

I recently happened to notice, when checking my eBay account for
something else, that I had apparently authorised an organisation I've never
heard of, 'Caxem', to have access to my account. I complained to eBay, who
denied all knowledge of Caxem and told me 'my account seemed to be secure'.

So Wik checked his eBay account, and found the same thing, but this time
it was 'ChannelAdvisor Services'. I checked a friend's account to which I
have legitimate access, and his had the same as Wik's.

So, if eBay don't know who they are, I'd better look them up on the
Internet, hadn't I? And both names quickly came up in connection with eBay
and Paypal. What a surprise! Looking at the sites, I reckon it's spyware,
in which case there wouldn't be any apparent insecurity on one's account,
would there? Sneaky sods!

So, I recommend you all check your accounts. Go to My eBay, scroll down
the LHS until you get to the 'My Account' section and click on
'Preferences'.
Scroll down to 'General Preferences', and you'll see 'Third-party
authorisations - Authorise third-parties to act on your behalf'.
Click on 'Show' on the RHS and see what it says. If it says anything other
than 'No authorisations to Revoke' you've probably been caught too. In
fact, if you have anything there that you didn't authorise, I'd be
fascinated to know the name of said organisation
kenny

10:40 AM, "Patrick Coppens-Marian Lynch" <develop@xxxxxxxxx>