[MoAccess] Successfully created a logic voice.

  • From: Kevin Reeves <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MoAccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 21:12:32 -0400

Ok folks. After tons of trial and error, I successfully created a voice from
the logic library in motif xs format. Thanks to Edu for all the help.

Firstly, I tried renaming all the files so they would import with proper key
and velo ranges. After making a voice with that, it sort of worked, but wasn't
as playable as I'd like. So, I launched AWave studio and converted the exs file
to SF2. It imported absolutely flawlessly. I then went through each waveform
and made some edits to some of the keybanks as needed and assigned those
waveforms to a voice and am completely up and running. I think the trick is to
convert to something that's very universal like sf2. Then import said sf2 into
the mo. It's way easier than taking the files and creating waveforms by hand.
Awave has it's problems, but 10.5 is solid enough to at least load in a file,
select the folder where the wave files are, and save as sf2. Will keep you
updated as I continue to learn more.

Kevin--
You received this message because you're subscribed to the MoAccess e-mail list.
To unsubscribe, change your list options, or view archives for the MoAccess
list, please use the FreeLists page.
//www.freelists.org/list/moaccess