Re: [MoAccess] motif xs and sonar midi device still having problem.

  • From: "Bryan Smart" <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <MoAccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 22:04:12 -0400

If you want to play Motif sounds from Sonar or accept input from the
Motif keyboard, then you need to use the Motif XS7 main port. In/out is
for accessing the MIDI ports on the back of Motif, and the remote port
is for the control surface feature.

The MIDI interface setting on the Motif in utility, F5, SF2 should be
set to mLAN.

To record the output of the Motif, your audio program needs to accept
input from the ASIO port called Yamaha Motif Main L/R.

Bryan