From: moaccess-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:moaccess-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jose
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 8:23 AM
To: MoAccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [MoAccess] Sonar, Motif XS, and midi.

Why doesn't my XS listen to the Sonar volume setting on midi channel 1?
have my XS connected to my computer via midi through my Layla sound
card.
In song mode, the volume on channel 1 is always at the highest level
(127).
It won't change.  The volume for all of the other channels change as I
adjust them in Sonar.  I use Sonar 2.2.  Yes, that's right, 2.2.  It
works
fine for me.  I have dealt with this in the past by simply setting the
keyboard not to receive control data, and creating templates on the
keyboard
with the settings I want.  However, I'm curious to know why this is
happening.  I remember it also happening with my Yamaha S80.  I dealt
with
the problem the same way.  I don't think it happens with the Karma, but
don't remember because, with the Karma, I always disabled control data
without even checking if this was a problem.  Thanks.

Jose.

For links to all Motif info for blind owners, visit www.MoAccess.info.
To change your list options and view archives for the MoAccess list,
visit www.freelists.org/list/moaccess.