Re: [MoAccess] Efficiency in the Wave editor.

  • From: Edu Camargo <edumusico@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: moaccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 17:21:26 -0300

I've checked your sounds and decided to play with them right now. And I discovered something I wasn't aware of, so I'm passing it on to you. Again, sorry for the mess.

To make the process of importing names, velocity limit and root keys smarter, put a space or whatever sign you want after the number. This makes it easier to extract the instrument names and all the relevant parameters discussed in this conversation. Never forget to enclose the name, velo and key placeholders in braces (brackets with shift). Also, the Motif Wave Editor placeholders are all lowercase. With the provided example, you can name your file like this:

11_Ovation_096_e1.

When you extract the information from the file name, only the information after the number is relevant to you. So you're gonna put to the Wave Editor exactly as it is described below:

_{name}_{velo}_{key}

This will automatically give the waveform a name, and will associate the samples to their respective velocity limits and root keys.

Never forget, after import, to go to the list of samples, mark all them, right click them, and go to keyboard split submenu, and choose "split around roots". This will automatically give to the samples all their respective key limits.

Glad to help. In case you need more assistance, please let me know. Also, educamargo1 is my skype name in case you are interested.

Peace,

Edu.

Em 13/4/2012 06:45, Kevin Reeves escreveu:
Hey man. Thanks so much for the help. Below is a file name of one of my files.
This is exactly how you've told me to set it and it doesn't seem to work.

11Ovation_096_e1.wav

The number before the Ovation is just a number I use to Sort the wavs in order.
If this is right, then why is it still showing the root key as being C? Also,
I've got it set up as Name Velo Key. This was what was set forth both in the
manual and in the dialog itself. That's why the velocity is before the key. The
manual had dashes in the key such as a-2 and that didn't work out either, so I
took them out to reflect yours. Any help you can provide would be greatly
appreciated.
For your convenience, I've provided a link where you can download the actual xs
waveform file and the zip file containing the raw samples I imported to see
what's going on. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6464703/Guitar.zip.

Any help you might be able to provide would be so much appreciated. Thanks so
much.

Kevin--
You received this message because you're subscribed to the MoAccess e-mail list.
To unsubscribe, change your list options, or view archives for the MoAccess
list, please use the FreeLists page.
//www.freelists.org/list/moaccess

 Edu Camargo on the web

The music and soul of Edu Camargo:

 * Listen to Edu Camargo on *Reverbnation*.
   <http://www.reverbnation.com/educamargo>
 * Visit Edu Camargo's channel on *YouTube*.
   <http://www.youtube.com/educamargo>
 * Follow Edu Camargo on *Twitter*. <http://twitter.com/EduCamargoMusic>
 * Be a fan on *Facebook*. <http://facebook.com/EduCamargoMusic>