 From: howle@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [missbirdphotos] Re: Coot images
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 19:04:15 -0500

Thanks Kristen.  Coot 2 was my favorite.  As I said in the email, I used Nik
Color Efex tonal contrast with the option to brush it on over the bird and rock
which didn’t enhance any contrast or details in the water. If I played around
more with Topaz Adjust sliders I could probably have come up with about the
identical look although I’m not sure about the eye getting lighter which I
think TC did.  In Topaz Adjust you can select Local Adjustments and “brush off”
and go over the water area which is what I did to remove the effects.  BTW,
Topaz Adjust is ON SALE thru tomorrow for 30% off!“Celebrate St. Patrick's day
by saving some green and taking advantage of our weekend only sale! ALL
products, including the Topaz Bundle and Bundle Upgrades, are 30% off until
3/18/12. Just enter the coupon code "TopazGold" when purchasing.”Topaz Adjust =
49.99  after discount 35   http://www.topazlabs.com/adjust/ Nik Color Efex =
199  http://www.niksoftware.com/colorefexpro/usa/index.php  Makes it easy to
choose!  I had Topaz for a couple of years before I bit the bullet and bought
Color Efex.  As you can see there isn’t a lot of difference.   This page has
tutorials for Topaz Adjust with a movie also.
http://www.topazlabs.com/tutorials/adjust.html Compatibility:These are the
system requirements for the products in the Topaz Photoshop plug-in bundle
(Star Effects,  B&W Effects, Lens Effects, Adjust, DeNoise, Simplify, Detail,
InFocus, Clean, ReMask* and DeJPEG)MacIntel-based Macs with OS 10.5, 10.6 or
10.7 (Topaz is NOT compatible with PowerPC processors - like G4 or G5.)1 GB RAM
minimum - preferably 2 moreAdobe Photoshop CS3-CS5.5 (32-bit and 64-bit), Adobe
Photoshop Elements 6-10. Apple Aperture 2 and 3, Lightroom 2-4, and iPhoto via
Topaz Fusion ExpressWindowsWindows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 (32-bit and
64-bit)1 GB RAM minimum - preferably 2 moreAdobe Photoshop CS3-CS5.5 (32-bit
and 64-bit), Adobe Photoshop Elements 6-10.Lightroom 2-4 via Topaz Fusion
ExpressIrfanviewPaintShop ProPhoto ImpactSerif Photo Plus*ReMask is ONLY
compatible with Photoshop, Photoshop Elements and Paint Shop Pro. ReMask is NOT
compatible with iPhoto, Aperture, Lightroom, Photo Impact or Irfanview.  Judy
Howle Southern Exposureshttp://southernexposure.zenfolio.com Digital
Photography Class; Resources for
Photographershttp://digitalphotographyclass.net  From:
missbirdphotos-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx