[missbirdphotos] Re: Coot images

  • From: Kristen Eisbrenner <keisbrenner7@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 18:34:03 -0400

Judy,

Scrolling through the pictures made it difficult to see the differences so
I opened two explorer tabs, and would center one of the images in each.
That way I could see the differences more easily as they pop in or out of
the photo as I click on each tab.

Overall, I like Coot 1 and 2 the best.  I especially like the
smoothness/lightness of the water on Coot 1 compared to the rest.  I like
that the feathers seemed smoothed down in 1 also--makes the bird look very
sleek.  However, Coot 2 feathers stand out more.  The bird looks a little
more disheveled but the greater tone/contrast in the feathers is more
visually interesting.  I guess the artist in me likes 1 and the
photographer in me likes 2.

I also like the dodged eye so that the red is brighter.  Coot 2 eye is the
most beautiful to me.

Like you said, there is very little difference between 3 and 4, and when I
compared them to 1 and 2, I was still drawn to 1 and 2.  Don't know why.

I wasn't distracted by the detail in the rocks because it is separate from
the bird.  I like Coot 2 rock best for color, tone range/contrast.

In the end though, all are good edits on their own.

Thanks for your comments on my edit.  I had no idea if the feathers were
supposed to be black or brown so I'm glad that you noticed mine was too
black.  Guess I will have to save up the coins for a calibrator too :)

Kristen