[missbirdphotos] Bob Sargent's Humming Bird Study Group

  • From: Dana Swan <danaswan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 15:49:47 -0500

Last weekend, Martha and I went to Fort Morgan near Gulf Shores, Alabama
for Bob Sargent's semi-annual bird banding session.    The banding was
light the wekend we were there, but I understand that it has picked up.
One of the advantages of bird banding is that it lets you see the birds
close up and take some "portraits."   Here are two examples of the
advantages of the banding process in the photos of the Kentucky Warbler and
of the Wood Thrush.    The Great Bule Heron was found while were were
walking on the beach.   I enjoyed his company especially since he laughed
at all of my jokes, especiallly the one about the two Egrets who waded into
a bar!

--
Dana Swan at Toccopola, Mississippi.
*There are two kinds of men in this world.   *