[missbirdphotos] Bird walk today

  • From: "Dance, Gayla" <dancegf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 19:00:09 -0500

Except for the mosquito swarms and poison ivy, we had a great morning at Le
Fleur's park.

The warblers need to be sedated if I am ever going to have a chance to
photograph one.  I am attaching a photo of a yellow crowned night heron that I
took at the rookery.  I am thrilled beyond words that his eyes are in focus.

I am setting up a backyard bird studio.  I have a bird blind in place and
placed the Japanese maple in a container strategically close to the small pole
feeder.  They are both movable so I can keep them in the light.  I am sure this
would have worked much better if the dog didn't find it such great sport to
make the birds fly.  Grrrr.

Wish I could have met y'all today.

gayla

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y252/Ladymathprof/?action=view&current=yellowcrownednightheron.jpg