[mira_talk] Re: smalt doc additions

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 16:42:55 +0100

On Saturday 05 March 2011 16:17:43 Martin Mokrejs wrote:
> I haven't tested this for vector screening (large matches) but for 30nt
> adaptor smalt always crashed on my 32bit linux

Switch to 64 bit. There is nowadays no compelling reason for 64 bit.
Especially not in the area of sequence assembly.

> Hope you clarified that in the docs if one has to ask smalt to produce
> ssaha2-like format or if mira can use some other ... ;-)

Yup.

> [SSAHA2/SMALT]
> What will happen when the match regions are partially overlapping? Will
> their union be used, or the intersection?

Union. Not prgramatically done, but simply because the same routines are
called once for the SSAHA2 file and once for SMALT. Which is a union in effect.

And of course, as in every clipping: rightmost leftlip and leftmost rightclip
will win.

> What if there is no overlap between the two methods?

Well, union still :-)

But please do not built upon this behaviour ... I might very well remove it in
the future when consolidating the code.

> Yeah, the section in the docs about adapter
> clipping is also unclear,

What there?