[mira_talk] Re: scaffolded contigs

  • From: "Bastien Chevreux" <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 15:57:30 +0200 (MEST)

Why program yourself if it's already present?

Adnan: if you used strain information for your reads, try

  convert_project -f (maf or caf) -t fasta ...

which will output different FASTAs for each strain present in the assembly.
Then grep the FASTAs for the '@' sign ... these are the places where no read
from a given strain covers the place.

Peter: convert_project also has "-v" as parameter ... is this what you wanted
by parsing the ACE by hand?

B.