[mira_talk] Re: problem with loading reads

  • From: "Bastien Chevreux" <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 13:11:59 +0200 (MEST)

From: Peter Cock<p.j.a.cock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> My guess is Bastien used an offset of 59 to give old Solexa
> scores shifted to make them start at zero.

Nope, Bastien had scaling routines which translated the old Solexa scores to
Phred scores not by simple shifting, but according to a formula which James
(Bonfield) once published.

> Or this is a bug - Bastien did
> say he hadn't tested this for a while.

Bug. I used those routines in the early day when we got data as FASTA + qual
files. Never tested with FASTQ as when I got the first Illumina data in FASTQ,
they were already FASTQ-64.