[mira_talk] Re: problem to execute binary file mira on x64 architecture

  • From: Sucheta Tripathy <sutripa@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira talk <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 14:05:13 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Bastien,

As I reported last time, the assembly output was not OK, with very shorter
fragments and the total assembled data much less than expected. Is there any
other parameter setting I can try to get a better result?

Thanks

Sucheta
----- "Bastien Chevreux" <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wednesday 29 April 2009 Laurent MANCHON wrote:
> > this what i have when i type uname -a:
> > Linux 2.6.9-67.0.4.EL_SFS2.3_0smp #1 SMP Thu Aug 21 17:01:12 CEST
> 2008
> > x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> I now have a few reports with this kind of problem. This is partly due
> to me
> changing my main machine and in the process switching from OpenSUSE
> 10.x to
> the most recent Kubuntu. I suppose that some of the newer kernel
> features are
> incompatible to older ones (whereas I have no idea how old 'old' is).
>
> I have some hopes (and keep the fingers crossed) that the problems
> with
> 'precompiled stuff' will vanish in a few weeks time.
>
> In the mean time, please try to find a machine with a newer Linux
> installation.
>
> Regards,
>   Bastien
>
> --
> You have received this mail because you are subscribed to the

Virginia Bioinformatics Institute,
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University,
Blacksburg, VA-24060.
Phone: 540-231-8138.
The more you know, the more you know you don't know. —Aristotle