[mira_talk] Re: (no subject)

  • From: "Mendez Garcia, Celia" <cmendezg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 00:17:22 +0000

Hello Bastien,

thanks. It worked by re-trying. 256 GB is the amount of memory I'm using. Just
1 CPU core...

Another tiny tiny thing: I'm mapping several genomes against a reference and
always get just one contig. My supervisor asks how come. What should I reply to
this, I mean, is this usual?  This is basically good news, but I guess most
people here use Newbler for 454 and Velvet for Illumina data and you don't get
this using those that easily [actually we've been using Velvet for this and
getting ~200 contigs for what MIRA got 1].

Thanks again.

Celia