[mira_talk] mira vs newbler

  • From: Jose Blanca <jblanca@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:02:57 +0100

Hi:

I've done a couple of assemblies on the same reads using both programs. Around
half million ESTs reads.
Newbler is much faster than mira, but the newbler result is awful. mira gives
reasonable contigs, but newbler does really stupid things.
So, I just wanted to give to you two thumbs up, you're doing a great job!

Jose M. Blanca Postigo
Instituto Universitario de Conservacion y
Mejora de la Agrodiversidad Valenciana (COMAV)
Universidad Politecnica de Valencia (UPV)
Edificio CPI (Ciudad Politecnica de la Innovacion), 8E
46022 Valencia (SPAIN)
Tlf.:+34-96-3877000 (ext 88473)