[mira_talk] Re: manifest file

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 00:18:57 +0200
On 06 May 2015, at 23:50 , Adriana Fróes <dricamfroes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The script is generating the manifest files, Great. But on the script, on the
line 23, if I use as is in the script (parameters = COMMON_SETTINGS
-AS:sd=y:nop=2 -DI:trt=$TMPDIR) it gets an error when I try to run MIRA
because tmp directory is on a NFS mount. So, the program advise me to use the
option "-DI:trt". If I use this option, another error appears, as shown below:
[…]
Could not create directory for temporary MIRA data
parameters/UTT_as_MIRA_d_tmp_wln6ID: No such file or directory
* Could not create MIRA tmp directory "parameters/UTT_as_MIRA_d_tmp_wln6ID":
*
* is some part of the path not existing or access protected?
*
Do you know what can be done?

Well, MIRA tells you:
1. "Could not create directory for temporary MIRA data …”
2. Could not create MIRA tmp directory "parameters/UTT_as_MIRA_d_tmp_wln6ID”

And it asks whether it may be possible that some part of the path you specified
is not existing or has been create with access protection flags. As I suspect
the latter is pretty improbable, the former must be the case. That is: your
manifest file probably contains a line
-DI:trt=parameters
and there is no “parameters” subdirectory in the directory you launched MIRA
from, so MIRA cannot create temporary files there and that the program thinks
is fishy and stops.

Which brings me to my next point: that directory name seems suspicious, as if
the $TMPDIR variable of your manifest generating script were empty. Or some
other problem.

Which brings me to yet another point: Adriana, when you have questions like
these and seek help, please append enough information to your mails so that
people can help you efficiently without relying too much on guessing. In this
case: attaching the script which generates the manifest files as well as the
manifest file which led to the error would be *extremely* helpful. Just a
screenshot of the error is … not terribly informative.