[mira_talk] Re: header file missing in my config.log

  • From: Laurent MANCHON <lmanchon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 20:44:30 +0100

Le 23/01/2012 19:24, Sven Klages a écrit :
2012/1/23 Laurent MANCHON <lmanchon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:lmanchon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

    Le 23/01/2012 16:10, Sven Klages a écrit :
    2012/1/23 Laurent MANCHON <lmanchon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:lmanchon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

        Le 23/01/2012 14:01, Sven Klages a écrit :
        Hi Laurent,

        that's the purpose of this "file", .. have a look at
        http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2011-03/msg00008.html

        hth,
        Sven

        2012/1/23 Laurent MANCHON <lmanchon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        <mailto:lmanchon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

            --hi,

            when i read my config.log, i check that one header file
            is missing:
            "conftest.c:11:28: error: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file
            or directory"
            this file seems to be integrated in Debian auto_conf
            package, but not in RedHat.
            i don't know how to get this missing file.

            Laurent --

        yes it is,
        but no link to retrieve the file...

    Have you read the answer?
    "That's a _good_ thing.  We _expect_ that compilation error, to prove
    that we are correctly detecting how your compiler detects and rejects
    broken source code that refers to a non-existent header (knowing how the
    compiler detects missing headers is essential for later tests of
    AC_CHECK_HEADERS to see which headers are present).

    Not all failed compilations are bugs."

    There is nothing to retrieve :-)

    Sven

    Does it mean if i want to compile mira source i need this header
    file or not.
    and if not how to do ?

No, you don't. What system are you running? You mentioned RedHat,. Is it ReadHat, CentOS(5/6) or Fedora?
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.4 (Tikanga)
Linux kernel 2.6.18-164.el5
GNU C Library stable release version 2.5, by Roland McGrath et al.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Compiled by GNU CC version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-44).
Compiled on a Linux 2.6.9 system on 2009-07-17.

I can try to reproduce the problem on a CentOS 5 Server so I can help a bit more specific (or not) ;-) ... Have you root access on that machine?

no i'm just single user

Sven