[mira_talk] Re: header file missing in my config.log

  • From: Laurent MANCHON <lmanchon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 18:46:23 +0100

Le 23/01/2012 16:10, Sven Klages a écrit :
2012/1/23 Laurent MANCHON <lmanchon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:lmanchon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

    Le 23/01/2012 14:01, Sven Klages a écrit :
    Hi Laurent,

    that's the purpose of this "file", .. have a look at
    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2011-03/msg00008.html

    hth,
    Sven

    2012/1/23 Laurent MANCHON <lmanchon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:lmanchon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

        --hi,

        when i read my config.log, i check that one header file is
        missing:
        "conftest.c:11:28: error: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or
        directory"
        this file seems to be integrated in Debian auto_conf package,
        but not in RedHat.
        i don't know how to get this missing file.

        Laurent --

    yes it is,
    but no link to retrieve the file...

Have you read the answer?
"That's a _good_ thing.  We _expect_ that compilation error, to prove
that we are correctly detecting how your compiler detects and rejects
broken source code that refers to a non-existent header (knowing how the
compiler detects missing headers is essential for later tests of
AC_CHECK_HEADERS to see which headers are present).

Not all failed compilations are bugs."

There is nothing to retrieve :-)

Sven

Does it mean if i want to compile mira source i need this header file or not.
and if not how to do ?