[mira_talk] Re: caf2gap

  • From: Richard Harrison <richard.harrison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 21:25:47 +0000

Dear Bastien,

gap4 runs fine on osx, just this caf2gap thing prevents me from using it. However, I've installed Maviant (http://snp.agrsci.dk/maviant/) and that allows me to view ace files. I'm also getting an account on a linux machine so I can use the precompiled caf2gap program.

BTW, I'm really happy with this assembler. It's the only one that I've ever managed to get up and running well in under a day on the mac!

All the best,
Richard

On 3 Dec 2009, at 22:02, Richard Harrison wrote:

Dear all,
I have recently installed mira and it seems to be working nicely. The same cannot be said for caf2gap (btw the commonly stated link is now dead but it can still be obtained from ftp://ftp.sanger.ac.uk/pub/badger/) . I was wondering if anyone has had any luck compiling caf2gap on mac osx 10.5.8 ?

I am out of my depth, I think it need some other libraries, but I don't know what/where to get them.

Alternatively, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can use instead of gap4?

Best wishes,
Richard Harrison

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.