[mira_talk] Re: assembly options for non-redundant contigs

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 21:54:59 +0200

On Dienstag 02 Juni 2009 Richard Gregory wrote:
> [...]
> The only clue comes previous assemblies with earlier versions of Mira,
> which produced much less redundancy, ie, was ~8000 contigs, now V2.9.43
> produces ~18000. Mapping this onto a reference showed ~1500 contigs
> could be the same gene.  Assembling the ~1500 contigs with cap3
> produced ~3 contigs, one containing hundreds of contigs.

Hello Richard,

hmmm ... sounds funny, indeed. Could you tell me the last version of MIRA with
which you get "good" results and which version gives you troubles?

I admit that I have been concentrating more on genome assemblies lately and
perhaps a changed default parameter or a new algorithm behaves somewhat
unexpectedly with cDNA.