[mira_talk] Which reads to use from debrislist to the novo analysis?

  • From: Dietmar Fernandez <dietmar.fernandez@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 16:39:56 +0200

Hi all,

My experiment consists in a paired end Illumina de novo assembly having a
similar reference genome.
After doing first a mapping afterwards I got the debrislist file and four
different types of reads where found.

NO_OVERLAP
CLIP_BAD_SOLEXA_END
CLIP_KNOWNADAPTORRIGHT
CLIP_POLYBASEATEND
CLIP_PROPOSEDENDCLIP
NOT_MAPPED

I wonder which of the reads should I use for performing a de novo analysis
in order to detect sequences not present in the reference strain. I think I
should just use "NO_OVERLAP" and "NOT_MAPPED" reads. Is this correct?

What is the difference between this two types of sequences?

Thanks in advance