[mira_talk] Re: Vector screen

  • From: Tony Travis <a.travis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 18:46:54 +0000

On 16/03/11 12:18, Jose Blanca wrote:
El 16/03/11 12:14, Tony Travis escribió:
On 16/03/11 08:31, Jose Blanca wrote:

Hi, Jose.

That looks interesting!

I used to use "cross_match" from the Phed/Phrap pipeline, but recently
decided to start using "ssaha2" instead after reading about other people
using it on the MIRA list. It seems to work quite well, but I'm
interested in trying out your pipeline on our Beowulf cluster here.

Right now the parallelization works with condor, I don't know how a
Beowulf cluster organizes the job. The parallelization library that we
use was created to use other systems by writing a plugin, but that
pluging should be written.

Hi, Jose.

We used to use 32-bit openMosix, but are now in the process of changing to use 64-bit Kerrighed. We also use [Sun,Oracle] Grid Engine as well.

Bye,

  Tony.
--
Dr. A.J.Travis, University of Aberdeen, Rowett Institute of Nutrition
and Health, Greenburn Road, Bucksburn, Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK