[mira_talk] Too many redundant contigs

  • From: Daniela Dias Xavier <dani_xavier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 11:10:08 +0000

Hi,
I executed MIRA to assembly reads from a 454 (est assembly) but I obtained many
redundant contigs.
That is, when I ran a blastn of the contig set against itself, I saw results
like this:

Sequences producing significant
alignments:                      (bits) Value

assembly_rep_c1                                                     975
0.0
assembly_rep_c402                                                 957      0.0

assembly_rep_c1816                                               944        0.0
assembly_rep_c566                                                 930        0.0
assembly_rep_c3933                                               924        0.0
assembly_rep_c343                                                 914        0.0
assembly_c8340                                                      906
0.0
assembly_c4763                                                      900
0.0
assembly_rep_c1144                                               898       0.0
assembly_rep_c1247                                               878        0.0
assembly_c13612                                                     874
0.0
assembly_c28064                                                     870
0.0
assembly_c15892

  866       0.0
assembly_rep_c9056
                                                                            860
      0.0
assembly_c14289

  856    0.0
assembly_c10757

  852      0.0
assembly_c27474

  848      0.0
assembly_c16696

  825      0.0
assembly_c23112

  791      0.0
assembly_c16554

  791      0.0
assembly_rep_c13107
                                                                           777
 0.0
assembly_c18699

  761      0.0
assembly_c18498

  761      0.0
assembly_c23851

  731      0.0

I wonder what went wrong. I was thinking of reassembling the contigs (using
them as assembly input), but I'm not sure how to do it (which parameters should
I use in the job section. 454? sanger?) and if it is the right approach. Could
somebody help me?
Thank you very much.
Best regards,
Daniela.