[mira_talk] Re: Scaffolding

  • From: Brian Forde <bforde@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 15:13:06 +0100

Hi Bastien,

No rush with the scaffolding just a query.

Thanks Gregory. Regarding bambus can  you use it for 454 reads. I'm
currently trying to get it to work for my reads but am having some trouble.
I believe it's with my .mates file. Does library name refer to the 454 sff
file name?

cheers

Brian

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 8:15 PM, Gregory Harhay <gregory.harhay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:

> We've had pretty good luck using BAMBUS to scaffold our paired-end reads.
>
> http://amos.sourceforge.net/docs/bambus/
>
> Greg
>

> On 5/28/09 1:52 PM, "Bastien Chevreux" <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Montag 18 Mai 2009 Brian Forde wrote:
> >> Is there any Scaffolding tool built into Mira? I am assuming not
> >
> > hi Brian,
> >
> > no, currently not. Most users so far had their own scaffolding routines
> or use
> > other software, but I start to receive more and more questions regarding
> > scaffolding. I have it now on my TODO, but currently no idea when I could
> > implement that.
> >
> > Regards,
> >   Bastien

"If scientists knew what they were doing they wouldn't call it research"