[mira_talk] Question: padded or unpadded outputs

  • From: lenis vasilis <val1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 17:00:59 +0000

Hello everyone,

I' m using MIRA 4 in order to assemble the mitochondrial dna from sheep.
I used referenced guided assembly and in the output I found (among else) one
Fasta file that called unpadded which has a full sequence without any gap and a
Fasta file that called padded with some gaps (" * " (star) symbol).
Which is the difference between padded and unpadded files?
Can I say with secure that the unpadded file is the sequence that I have
assembled?

Thank you very much in advance,
Vasilis.