[mira_talk] Question about illumina de-novo sequencing

  • From: Mehmet göktay <mehmetgoktay1989@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 11:32:38 +0300

Hi everyone,

I have a question mark in my mind and hopefully someone will give the
answer.
We are about start de-novo assembly a plant with illumina reads. The
company offered us 2x300 paired end reads and the output size about 15Gb.
We are not sure but probably genome size of this plant is 800mb.

My question is, do you think I can assembl this genome with the mira? If
so, do you thing I can get good contig with satisfying lengths?

Thank you for your answers.
Mehmet

--
Mehmet Göktay, MSc student
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics