[mira_talk] Re: Problem with convert_project.

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 00:11:43 +0200

On Thursday 21 July 2011 15:28:46 Vésteinn Snæbjarnarson wrote:
> [...]
> This seems to be the same kind of error as noted here
> //www.freelists.org/post/mira_talk/convert-project-internal-logicprogr
> ammingdebugging-error.
>
> I'm using the latest stable mira release, 3.2.1, with parameters
> [...]
> Any thoughts?

If I am not totally mistaken, that was a problem which occured due to read
naming of paired-end Solexa reads where the parser did not expect the "/"
character in read names.

this has been fixed in the development version, realease candidate 3 of
version 3.4 is fresh out at SourceForge, the convert_project in that package
should work. By the way: I'd recommend that you try 3.4rc3 anyway, the
assembly should be better than with 3.2.1, especially for hybrid assemblies
involving Solexas.

In case you absolutely do not want to go with 3.4: convert_project from 3.2.1
should work with your data if you take MAF as input, not CAF. E.g:
  convert_project -f maf -t ...

Best,