[mira_talk] Re: Paired-end counts

  • From: "Bridges, Dale" <DBRIDGES@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 16:53:59 +0000

Hello, and thank you, but no this doesn’t answer my question.

Here is my scenario:

F.fastq = 538011 reads
R.fastq = 539168 reads
Total F + R = 1077179

Mira_reads Assembled = 291737
Singlets = 54423

Debris = 785442
Debris + reads Assembled = 1077179 (this matched the total reads for F and R
added together)

My Questions then:

1. I would like to know if the singlets are included in the
Mira_reads_Assembled count (I am assuming they are not).

2. To find out the % reads assembled is this:

a) Mira_reads Assembled DIV ?

? = Total F + R or (Debris + reads Assembled)

? = average of (F.fastq and R.fastq)

? = highest F.fastq/R.fast reads

Basically I need to know if the assembled reads are for all reads input/ or is
dependent on either F.fastq/R.fastq

Kind regards,
Dale