[mira_talk] Re: Paired end info - SAM/BAM output from MIRA?

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 20:32:24 +0200

On Donnerstag 01 Juli 2010 Peter wrote:
> I'm starting to get more paired end data, and would like to be able look
> at this information in alignment viewers. What MIRA output file format
> would you recommend for this?

At present I use CAF and caf2gap to convert to a gap4 database.

> [...]
> Bastien - Is SAM (or even BAM) output something you are thinking
> about supporting directly in MIRA?

Yet another output format? :-)

It's not been requested so far. At first sight I miss the possibility to add
important things like tags, which greatly reduces the usefulness of that
format.

I don't say I'll never implement that format, but it won't happen soon.