[mira_talk] Re: Mira results much worse than newbler

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 22:57:43 +0200

On Jul 14, 2011, at 22:38 , Robin Kramer wrote:
> sff_extract trims of the first however many bases, in the least sophisticated
> way.
> sffinfo finds the adapters.

Can you please cite a source for that information or perhaps a parameter for
sffinfo which defines the adaptors which should be used? Or, th best
possibility, could you show with an example that the extracted sequence from
sff_extract is different from the one of sffinfo?

The documentation on the SFF file format already defines adaptor clipping
points in itself ... and those are computed by some Roche pre-processing
software (and that is certainly not sffinfo) and then written to the SFF. To
the best of my knowledge, sffinfo just uses that information (as does
sff_extract).