[mira_talk] MIRA disk space issue

  • From: Marco Fondi <marco.fondi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 15:33:04 +0200

Hello!
I'm using Mira for a de novo sequencing project. At this stage of the project I
have both some 454 scaffolds (coming from a Paired End run) and some (5000000)
Illumina reads coming from a later run. Now, I want to go further with this
assembly, trying to map the Illumina reads on the scaffolds and having extra
contig from Illumina reads that cannot be mapped on the scaffolds. Everything
is ok at the beginning but, in a few hours, all the space on my disk (almost
80G) is over and, of course, the assembly stops. I have tried several times and
changing a little bit the command line parameters but I got always the same
result. Do you have some idea on how to fix this? Is this a known issue and I
simply need more disk space available for MiRA to work?
Thanks in advance.
cheers,
m.

Marco Fondi, PhD
LEMM (Lab. of Molecular and Microbial Evolution)
Dep. of Evolutionary Biology
University of Florence
Via Romana 17/19, 50125 Firenze
tel. 055 2288248