[mira_talk] How to disable right end base masking for solexa data in mira.

  • From: Markiyan Samborskyy <ms587@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bastien Chevreux <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 19:23:15 +0100

Dear Bastien,

Is  there  a way of disabling the masking (conversion to the n) of the
first  base in every solexa read (miseq), other then telling MIRA that
they come from 454?

The  reads  are preprocessed by my fastq import/filter tool and have all
detectable
crap removed/clipped, so only good sequence should remain.

I've tried setting the following parameters:

-CL:cbse=no
-CL:c3pp=no:ckar=no

But  it  still  changes  the  first  base in every read to n, and sets
quality to 0. And as a results all reads in the resulting ace file doesn't
match  the  phd.ball  files, and the consed (v22) is complaing... (and
doesn't show any read quality data).

The  reads  were  saved  in  the *.fasta, *.fasta.qual and *.xml files
before inputing into the mira.

--
Best regards,
 Markiyan                          mailto:ms587@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx