[mira_talk] Re: How does Mira determine quality scores?

That would be perfect... we could run 3-4 assemblies with different thresholds and see which one is best !

Best,

Lionel

On 1 Aug 2009, at 12:31 , Bastien Chevreux wrote:

On Samstag 01 August 2009 Lionel Guy wrote:
Dear Bastien and Davide,

We are (or rather David Hesselbom is) currently closely investigating
how both Newbler and Mira are performing with respect to homopolymer
errors. We would also be glad to try a test version with an
alternative algorithm, and will of course share the results!

Hmmm, which alternative algorithm? The ">=66% gap equals to always gap"
version? That's in

 http://www.chevreux.org/tmp/mira_3rc1b1_dev_linux-gnu_x86_64_static.tar.bz2

Or would you want a configurable threshold (50%, 80% etc.)? I could make one,
I've got some time this WE.

Regards,
 Bastien

Lionel Guy