[mira_talk] Re: How does Mira determine quality scores?

  • From: Lionel Guy <guy.lionel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 12:14:21 +0200

Dear Bastien and Davide,

We are (or rather David Hesselbom is) currently closely investigating how both Newbler and Mira are performing with respect to homopolymer errors. We would also be glad to try a test version with an alternative algorithm, and will of course share the results!

We hope to finish the investigation in due time to allow Bastien to - possibly - integrate our findings in version 3.

Cheers,

Lionel

On 30 Jul 2009, at 21:24 , Bastien Chevreux wrote:

I'm putting some last finishing touches on version 3 in the next two weeks, if I hear back from you before release that the base calling gets better I'll
include that change :-)