[mira_talk] Re: How does MIRA use paired end information?

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 00:13:30 +0200

On Sep 15, 2011, at 23:54 , Evan wrote:
> So if MIRA has further passes to preform before it completes will it scan
> through each contig and check for read pairs that are:
> And correct any inconsistencies by removing these reads from the contig and
> placing them back into the pile of unassembled data?

Will you be very disappointed if I tell you hat for each pass, MIRA places back
*all* reads into the pile of unassembled data? :-)

And yet it gets most repeats disentangled that way. Before I try to tell you
it's simply magic: you might want to have a look at the thesis
(http://chevreux.org/mira_papersnposters.html and there pages 32 and 81++), the
article I have on miraEST in Genome Research
(http://genome.cshlp.org/content/14/6/1147.full.pdf+html) as well as a couple
of sections in the manual: