[mira_talk] Fishy tag

  • From: Louis Letourneau <louis.letourneau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 15:25:05 -0500

I'm a new user of mira so please bear with me.

I have 2 sets of Illumina paired 76 reads that are from a bacterial
strain. I want to find variations(snp, structural the works) between
them. They are pretty close to a sequenced strain found in refseq at NCBI.

So, following the nice examples in the documentation, I downloaded the
genbank file and tried to align to it.

mira want's nothing to do with the file. I get a lot of:
"Fishy tag (to is greater than sequence length of 0):"

And in the end it stops with:
Internal logic/programming/debugging error (*sigh* this should not have
happened).
Please file a bug report on http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mira-assembler/

"NC_007793: tag to (0) >= len of sequence (0)?"

->Thrown: void Read::addTag(tag_t & tag)
->Caught: void setTags(const vector<tag_t> & tags)

Aborting process, probably due to an internal error.

I can use the fasta file, but I would have like to use mira's bells and
whistles when using it with genbank files.

Before submitting a bug, I just wanted to see if others could enlighten me.

Thanks
Louis