[mira_talk] Re: Failure, wrapped MIRA process aborted

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 21:30:48 +0200 (CEST)

> On July 8, 2014 at 7:01 PM "Mendez Garcia, Celia" <cmendezg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> [...] I was mapping against a reference, which of course helped, but then I
> found out
> that my reference's quality, a closed genome and all that, is not as good as
> one may have thought.

Welcome to the bitter reality of real life sequencing :-)

> Should I assemble de novo and then compare? How do you differentiate among
> artifacts, missing data, etc.

First and foremost you should know "what kind of info do I need to get from the
data?" If you're just out to find out a couple of differences between your bug
and the refernce, you may already be done. If you want a good own sequence for
your specific bug (for publication or subsequent analysis/experiments), you will
not get around doing an own de-novo.