[mira_talk] Re: Error while loading adsfacts during denovo assembly

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 22:59:16 +0200

On Aug 26, 2011, at 15:41 , Surya Saha wrote:
> I am running a denovo assembly of a bacterial genome having ~150X coverage
> (sampled from 2000X+ coverage dataset) and 7 million Illumina paired end
> 100bp reads on a 64GB RAM machine using MIRA 3.4.0. Here are my parameters
> [...]
> I am having to run it on a NFS but that cannot be the problem. MIRA stops due
> to an internal error ("Error while loading adsfacts, less facts in file than
> calculated earlier!"). It was using <30 GB or RAM at that point so memory is
> not an issue. Any ideas about what could be going on? The STDOUT is pasted
> below. Thanks!

Hello Surya,

sorry for not responding earlier, I am on vacation atm.

After looking through the log (thank you very much for sending it) and checking
a couple of things in the code, I believe that you may have run out of disk
space a bit earlier and that MIRA did not check for that. Would that be
possible?

In the mean time I'm adding checks for write failures at the places I suspect
it occurred to you (should put this kind of checks anyway in).

Best,