[mira_talk] Error: while assembling Illumina paired end reads

  • From: Sravya Tamma <sravya12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 16:32:15 -0500

Hi,

I am trying to assemble Illumina paired end reads of one of the Helicobacter
pylori genome.  I have prepared the fastq file of paired end reads
(Hpy_in_solexa.fq) and placed it in bin/my_project folder.

But when i run the following command:
/mira3.2.1.13/bin/my_project$  mira --project=Hpy
--job=denovo,genome,accurate,solexa SOLEXA_SETTINGS -GE:tismin=100;tismax=300
>&log_assembly.txt

 it gives me the following error in the log_assembly.txt file.

"Could not stat the newly created directory 'Hpy_assembly'.: Value too large
for defined data type
Creating directory Hpy_assembly ...
Fatal error (may be due to problems of the input data or parameters):

"Could not make sure that a needed directory exists, aborting MIRA."

->Thrown: void Assembly::ensureStandardDirectories(bool purge)
->Caught: main

Aborting process, probably due to error in the input data or parametrisation."

Could you please let me know where am i doing wrong?

Thanks,

Sravya Tamma,Washington University Medical School,St Louis Mo, 63108,