[mira_talk] Re: Compiling MIRA -> error

  • From: "Bastien Chevreux" <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 11:29:21 +0200 (MEST)

> From: Martin A. Hansen
> I am battling to compile MIRA against a locally compiled version of libboost.
> [...]
> exp_flexer.flex.C
> exp_flexer.flex.C:324: error: no 'int EXPFlexLexer::yywrap()' member function
> declared in class 'EXPFlexLexer'
> make[2]: *** [exp_flexer.flex.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> This is a Mac Intel running OSX 10.5.7

Hello Martin,

that's fortunately not a problem with boost, but something I discovered myself
only beginning of this week: the mira source package is distributed with
pre-flexed source files ... which should not happen. I've corrected that in the
current development tree and this will ship in the next release.

In the mean time, the solution for you is fortunately pretty simple: in the top
directory of mira, do the following

  find . -name "*.flex.C" -exec rm -f {} \;

This particular problem should then be solved and you can run make. I'll cross
fingers for it to link, this has been pretty difficult in the past on OSX.