[mira_talk] Re: Collecting DNA from bacterial cultures, was: suggestion for sequencing companies

  • From: Estefania Mancini <estefania.mancini@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira talk <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 16:57:30 -0300 (ART)

Dear all,

I was reading carefully last mails about collecting DNA from bacterial cultures
and I was wondering how to analyse ORI region in genomes already assembled
which resulted in many contigs.

I've tried with the combination Glimmer + seqinr{oriloc} (R library) but, it is
useful for closed genomes in 1 chromosome.

I usually work with 454 sequences and with bacterial genomes with no reference
to align.

Do you have better ideas for do this?

Thanks in advance,

Estefania