[mira_talk] Call for help: bughunting

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 15:03:24 +0200

Dear all,

does anyone have a small dataset (bacterium or smaller) with both 454 and
Solexa data and would volunteer to run a special bughunting version of MIRA in
a de-novo assembly a couple of times?

If yes, please contact me by mail.

Background: I'm holding back MIRA 3.4.0 because of very rare and infrequent
bug which, at the moment, I have no idea where to look for in the first place
nor when it came in. The fact that the bug is infrequent and at the moment
impossible to reproduce reliably has given me quite some trouble.

I now have some test code which should immediately ring an alarm as soon as
the first symptoms of that bug appear, but every run on my test data set takes
up to 11 hours and I need a mean of 4 to 6 runs before the bug appears once.
It would help me to track down this thing faster if others could also go on
the hunt ...

Best,