[mira_talk] Re: After Scaffolding

  • From: Davide Sassera <davide.sassera@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 13:43:34 +0200

I knew there was a reason why you are the one writing the software and I'm the one asking the questions ;-)

seriously the mira --> bambus--> mira is as simple as clever, thanks.

I tried it and I realized I have 3 other problems.
For all questions please consider I have an excess of reads so we can be very strict.

1 Repeats: could you please tell me what nnr would you set in this situation?

0       8200338
1       1253412
2       168676
3       30776
4       6770
5       3196
6       2272
7       2074
8       1538
9       568
10      476
11      208
12      338
13      306
14      318
15      258
16      210
17      166
18      212
19      196
20      200
21      198
22      234
23      152
24      100
25      72
26      28
27      26
28      32
29      42
30      44
31      32
32      42
33      54
34      68
35      32
36      64
37      86
38      40
39      78
40      68
41      50
42      56
43      48
44      50
45      48
46      26
47      46
48      32
49      30
50      22
51      12
52      4
56      2
57      6

2 sequencing errors: you said that having more zeros than 1s is bad, so in my situation what should I do? jump off a cliff? change sequence company?

0       8200338
1       1253412

3 chimeras: I remember in a previous version that after the annoying request of some italian guy (me) you implemented a chimera finder. it found around 4000 in my assembly. Is it possible to set some parameter to make this search less lenient. I'm willing to lose some good reads in order to get read of chimeras

Always thankful
Davide

On Montag 07 September 2009 Davide Sassera wrote:
What do you guys do? you take the Bambus output as "right" as it is or
you have a method to check the quality and possibly modify the scaffold?

I never worked with Bambus but had some scripts cobbled together which failed doing things automatically more often than not ... but with some manual help I always got my scaffolds.

What I did then was this: take the scaffold as backbone and perform a mapping assembly on it. With that, go into gap4 and looked for the last remaining uncertainties.

I think you shoud be able to do this also with the Bambus scaffold.

Hope this helps,

Davide Sassera
Sezione di Patologia Generale e Parassitologia
Dipartimento di Patologia Animale, Igiene e Sanità Pubblica Veterinaria Facoltà di Veterinaria
Università degli Studi di Milano
Via Celoria 10, 20133, Milano, ITALY
Tel: +39 0250318094
Fax: +39 0250318095