[mira_talk] Re: 64 Gb Desktop PC

  • From: Dimitar Kenanov <dimitar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 10:50:01 +0800

Hi again,
for the people interested i found that page as well. Its a real experience with photos and all of a system similar to the one i am waiting for. One can see there in the photo section that the OS recognizes all 64Gb of RAM. Hope it helps:

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157998

Cheers
Dimitar

On 01/13/2012 04:51 AM, Bastien Chevreux wrote:
On Jan 12, 2012, at 10:17 , Paul Johnston wrote:
see this thread for a response from intel about 32gb limitation
http://communities.intel.com/message/147921
And after looking a bit more into the whole topic, I'll retract my statement. You can
buy 64GiB RAM for 500€, but you currently cannot really use it on consumer
mainboard / cpu combinations.

Bugger.

But I learned that a 256 GiB can now be had for 15k€. Sweet, but not something
I'd buy privately.

hopefully universities in germany receive similar discounts as we move to FUB
soon...
They normally do get discounts, though I cannot tell you whether FU Berlin has
similar ones.