[mira_talk] Re: 454 homopolymers

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 20:43:47 +0100

On Tuesday 22 March 2011 11:55:07 Leonor Palmeira wrote:
> [...]
> I realize the difficulty of the implementation, but would there be a way
> of integrating flowgrams in the 454 part of the MIRA assembler some time
> in the future?

(just to be sure: which version of MIRA?)

A way there could be for sure, but this is currently not on my TODO list.

I admit I have been neglecting improvement of homopolymer regions in 454
sequences a bit lately. The reason being that nowadays, no project I touch
works with 454 data alone. I *always* have some Solexa data to complement it
and then all problems with homopolymers simply go *poooof* and vanish. No
troubles, no guesses, just perfect sequence.

However, in case you had some "nice" examples for validated erroneous
consensus call of MIRA, I'd be happy to take a look at the data to see whether
I could improve consensus routines.