[mfw_user_group] MRP Report

  • From: "Justin Lee" <justin.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mfw_user_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 20:31:48 +0100

Has anyone written a report that looks at the MRP explosion, and gives
an intelligent view of what needs to be actioned?

We use part routings extensively, and it may take as long as 6-12 weeks
to manufacture child parts from materials, before we can issue these
child parts into the parent assemblies.

We typically look at the Planned Orders report but then have to dechiper
the information it is giving. Our delivery requirements are such that
the MRP explosion can sometimes ask for us to order material, issue
child parts, and issue top level parts all in one go. An intelligent
report would only recommend actions at the appropriate level.

I.e. If material was available, but the child parts had not been issued,
then the report would recommend we issue the child parts, but not the
parent assembly.

If nobody has anything suitable then please let me know if you would be
interested in such a report. It would be more worthwhile writing the
report if others can benefit as well. I can more or less determine what
I need to do to get the report working.

Kind regards,

Justin Lee