[meego-network-fi] Re: Community meeting schedules

Ok,

8 ppl supported the new meeting schedule:
1st and 3rd Sunday at 18:00 UTC+2

This will be on agenda in the next meeting as a proposition to be approved.

/Jarkko

Quoting Jarkko Moilanen <jarkko.moilanen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

'Voting' initialized at #meego-fi

"after some discussion, a suggestion for IRC-meetings date/time  has been
raised: Sundays at 18:00. Fixed date as before: 1st and 3rd Sunday"

/Jarkko

2011/1/10 Jarkko Moilanen <jarkko.moilanen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Would Sundays at 18:00 be ok?

/Jarkko

2011/1/10 Timo Härkönen <timop.harkonen@xxxxxxxxx>

2011/1/9 Carol Chen <cybette@xxxxxxxxx>

I'm perfectly ok with Sunday evenings too

Works for me too. Could be a bit earlier on Sundays though.

-Timo

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Ilkka Laukkanen <
ilkka.s.laukkanen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 8:03 PM, Jarkko Moilanen
<jarkko.moilanen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There was some discussion in the last meeting that all do not like
having
> meetings on Mondays at 20:00. The reasons for that vary. Some
suggested
> having some sort of varying date. IMO thats not a good idea. Having
fixed
> and clear days, such as 1st and 3rd Monday, is easier to remember.
Besides,
> we use the official MeeGo meeting channel, and there are other users
too.
> Adjusting some kind of rotating date to that schedule might be a bit
> challenging.

I agree.

> Some suggested that the time could be for example 16:00. Some of us
work in
> other stuff than MeeGo and having a meeting on that hour might not be
even

Yeah, so early on a weekday wouldn't really work.

> possible to some of us. If the current time (20:00-21:00) overlaps
with
> someones other hobbies, then it's a question of prioritizing your
interests.
> Of course we can have the meeting, say on Sunday at 20:00-21:00.
Weekends
> are all free in the meego-meeting channel.

I for one have no problem with having them on Sunday evenings.

--
Ilkka
github.com/ilkka

--
---------------
Community Manager (MNFI, Meego Network Finland)

More info: http://meegonetwork.fi
Discussions: irc.freenode.net#meego-fi

--
---------------
Community Manager (MNFI, Meego Network Finland)
Organizer (TMN, Tampere Meego Network)
Email: jarkko dot moilanen at meegonetwork dot fi
Location: Tampere, Finland

More info: http://meegonetwork.fi
Discussions: irc.freenode.net#meego-fi

 Jarkko Moilanen (phone: +358 46 640 8339)
 M.Soc.Sc. (Political Science)
 PhD Student, Information studies, University of Tampere
 Blog: Extreme activities in cyberspace - http://extreme.ajatukseni.net/
 Founder of Hackerspace 5w, Finland, Tampere - 5w.fi