[medlegiap] Re: MMR mass vaccination programme

  • From: Dr Sudhir Mishra <drmishras@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: medlegiap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 06:15:18 +0530

Dear Friends
It is a shame that the Govt Immunization schedule does not have MMR included
in it. During the elections in this country no leader addresses the health
aspects as voters do not want / vote on those grounds.
But, not withstanding data or lack of it, as pointed out by one friend, Cong
Rubella Syn is seen with enough freqency (say as low as one case/
pediatriican/ year) to warrant routine MMR vaccination, much before HIB as
is being touted in some circles.
Sudhir MIshra